SI “INSTITUTE OF PROTECTION, ECOLOGY AND INFORMATICS, SCIENTIFIC-RESEARCH INSTITUTE“, BANJA LUKA
with international participation
ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION BETWEEN SCIENCE AND PRACTICE – STATUS AND PERSPECTIVES
BANJA LUKA, DECEMBER 13th, 2013.
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF THE REPUBLIC OF SRPSKA
CONFERENCE SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE
Organizers of scientific-professional conference ,,Environment protection between science and practice – status and perspectives’’ recognized the real need for affirmation of scientific knowledge and practical, both domestic and international, experience in protection of the living and working environment, with the primary objective to act more efficiently in order to mitigate negative environmental influence of our age.
А. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
– Protection of water resources, soil, air, biodiversity
– Waste management and recycling industry
– Noise and radiation in the environment
– Environmental protection and public health
– Strategic Environment Assessment
– Eco-remediation and recovery of damaged systems
– Environmental management (law, economics and standards)
– Chemicals and REACH
– Renewable energy sources and energy efficiency – opportunities and limitations
– Energy efficiency for sustainable renovation and construction of settlements
– Energy efficiency in the strategy of adaptation and mitigation of climate change
– Environmental education, informing and public participation
– Environmental ethics
– Eco-tourism as an important economic resource for sustainable development
– Modern technologies in environmental protection
B. SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK
– Importance of prevention in health and safety at work
– The role of science, technology and innovation in the protection of workers
– Hazardous substances in the working environment
– Legislation in the field of health and safety at work
– Risk assessment at the workplace and in the working environment
– Training of workers for independent and safe work
– Medical, social and psychological aspects of health and safety at work
C. PROTECTION AGAINST FIRE AND EXPLOSION
– Hazards and protective measures against fire and explosion
– The concept of preparation of Fire protection plans
– Protection in transportation of hazardous substances
– Fire protection of forest ecosystems
– Fires in industry and civil engineering, and protective measures
– Importance of training, informing and awareness building in the field of fire protection
– Education in protection against fire and explosion
CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite scientists and experts to, through their statements on current scientific research and practical experience, contribute to increasing the level of knowledge and exchanging the experience in the above fields.
Scientific-professional Conference will include:
– Plenary lectures,
– Oral presentations and
– Poster presentations.
Final classification of the submitted papers will be performed by Conference Scientific-Professional Committee.
Official languages are Serbian, English and other languages of the region.
- September 30th 2013. – Application with submission of summaries
- October 4th 2013. – Notification on the acceptance of summaries
- November 4th 2013. – Submission of completed papers
- November 15th 2013. – Notification on the acceptance of papers.
- December 13th 2013. – Conference
All accepted papers, completely prepared in accordance with the attached instructions, will be published in the language of the authors in the Proceedings which will be presented at the Conference.
APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
Application of papers should include the following: title, list of author(s) and institution(s), summary written in English or in the author’s native language and summary in English language, containing up to 250 words and key words.
Find the application form at the link REGISTRATION.
Registration fee for the participants is 200,00 BAМ or 100,00 € per paper, including VAT.
Registration fee must be paid no later than November 20th 2013, on the bank account of Institute of Protection, Ecology and Informatics:
Local authors (BAМ): 5620990000088958 NLB Razvojna banka, Banja Luka
Foreign authors (€): INSTRUCTION FOR PAYMENT.
Registration fee includes the following:
– Participation in the Conference,
– Coffee breaks and
– Promotional materials.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION OF PAPERS AND POSTERS
Instructions for writing papers download at the link INSTRUCTION FOR WRITING PAPERS.
Examples for writing papers download at the link EXAMPLE FOR PREPARING PAPERS.
Instructions for preparation of posters download at the link INSTRUCTION FOR MAKING POSTER.
CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP
Organizer invites interested companies to contact us in order to arrange a possible sponsorship for the Conference. Mutual obligations between a sponsor and the organizer shall be governed by the contract.
Sponsors may also present their products and services, as well as use the space for possible exhibitions.
Applications for sponsorship/donation should be submitted by fax or sent to the Institute’s address no later than the Conference starts, and it should include the following: company name, address, contact person, telephone number, fax number, e-mail and web site, stating whether a company participates as a sponsor or a donor, and the proposal of its participation (presentation of products and services and/or use of the exhibition space).
Additional information about the Conference will be timely published on the official web site of the Institute and on Conference link.
SI “INSTITUTE OF PROTECTION, ECOLOGY AND INFORMATICS,
SCIENTIFIC-RESEARCH INSTITUTE“, BANJA LUKA
Vidovdanska 43, 78000 Banja Luka,
Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tel. +387 51 218 299
Fax +387 51 218 322